The Trouble With Incels

Only the lonely

This post is on a serious topic and I do not intend to make light of it even if it seems that way.

I started thinking about the online incel community and the spate of school shootings that seems to be a recent phenomenon in the US.

I would think an awful lot of analysis has been done into the typical profile of the shooters, a lot of it looking at sociological and economic factors.

But I wonder if the root of it isn't evolutionary drivers and the selfish gene?

As far as I can see, the incel community is broadly divided into those who plan to commit suicide and those who plan to kill others.

This whole phenomenon of young people committing mass murder against their communities appears to have come about at a time when there are rapid and fundamental changes in population and available resources in parts of the West; more people sharing finite resources.

But one theory I have is that there may be a correlation between those incels who have siblings and those who are an only child.

I am positing that those with siblings are more likely to be in the suicidal group and those who are an only child are more likely to plan murder.

Pretty woman 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog